QUE MATERIA NECESITA???

martes, 5 de junio de 2018

Tarea resuelta de COMMUNICATIVE GRAMMAR I Abril 2018- Agosto 2018

TASK 1
LEARNING ACTIVITY: Analyze some grammar rules and identify if they are true or
false. (1 point)
TOPIC: Contents from unit six to 10.
Unit 6. Possessive nouns; this /that/these/those; count and noun count nouns; some
and any; articles; can / can´t.
Unit 7. Simple past
Unit 8. Pronouns; quantity expressions; there is / there are.
Unit 9. Modifiers; comparisons and prepositions of time.
Unit 10. Future: Be going to.
COMPETENCE:
To demonstrate domain about the use of these is / these are; past tense,
prepositions of time, count and noun count nouns, and quantify expressions.
• To use nouns, pronouns, articles, adjectives, quantify expression, prepositions
of time, there is / there are and comparatives and superlatives in a written way.
METHODOLOGICAL GUIDELINES:
In order to work on your first assignment you will have to consider the following steps:
STEP 1: Check carefully the contents of the textbook from units 6 to 10 from the
didactic guide. You have to use the information from Unit 18 to unit 32 from the
textbook “Focus on Grammar I”
STEP 2: Take notes of the most important information
STEP 3: Go to EVA and choose T (true) or F (false) for the following statements.

Choose T (true) or F (false) for the following statements:
1. ( ) That´s is often used in speaking and informal writing. It refers to the
idea that was just stated.
2. ( ) Salt, sugar, sand, and flour are examples of non-count nouns.
3. ( ) Count noun refers to separate things. It is easy to count them.
4. ( ) We use singular verbs with non-count nouns.
5. ( ) Use some before plural count nouns and non-count nouns in
affirmative statements.
6. ( ) Use any before plural count nouns and non-count nouns in negative
statements.
7. ( ) We use one / ones when there is only one of something.
8. ( ) A modal does not changes the meaning of the verb that follows
9. ( ) The object pronouns replace an object noun.
10. ( ) The expression a lot tells that an amount is large.
11. ( ) The modal ought to is followed by a verb in basic form.
12. ( ) Enough means the amount you need. It is used before plural count
nouns and non-count nouns.
13. ( ) Adjectives can come after the verb be or before a noun.
14. ( ) In the comparative form, we can omit than when the context is clear.
15. ( ) The superlative form of bad is worst.
16. ( ) Adjectives cannot contain two or more words.
17. ( ) Use on with year, months, and parts of the day.
18. ( ) Next week is a time marker for future.
19. ( ) The correct order of words for the future is will or will not + to +verb.
20. ( ) Won`t is the contraction of : will+not

TASK 2
LEARNING ACTIVITY: Analyze the information about nouns, articles, possessive
adjectives, verb be. (1 point)
TOPIC: Indefinite and definite articles.
COMPETENCE: To use nouns, pronouns, demonstratives, possessive adjectives
and verb be to improve their grammar skill.
METHODOLOGICAL GUIDELINES:
STEP 1: Check carefully the contents of the textbook from unit 6 from the didactic
guide. You have to use the information from Unit 19 from the textbook “Focus on
Grammar I”
STEP 2: Take notes of the most important information
STEP 3: Go to EVA and select the best option to complete the following questions.
Use the words in the box to complete the paragraph.
a an one that´s the
We all know that fruits and vegetables are good for your health, buy maybe you
don´t know that tomatoes are one of the healthiest foods in (1)………….. world. They
help prevent cancer and other disease. Maybe (2).…………….. why many people
love (3) ……………… tomatoes. Tomatoes are (4) …………….. easy vegetable to
use because you can prepare them so many ways. You can put them on bread and
make (5) ………….. sandwich, or you can have a salad. But of all the ways to eat this
vegetable, my favorite is pasta with tomato sauce.

TASK 3
LEARNING ACTIVITY: Read the story, analyze and identify the usage and structures
of the Simple Present and Past Tense in context. (2 points)
TOPIC: Simple Present and Past Tense
COMPETENCE: To demonstrate domain about the use of present and past of the
verb TO BE, simple present.
METHODOLOGICAL GUIDELINES:
STEP 1: Check carefully the contents of the textbook from unit 7 from the didactic
guide. You have to use the information from units 22, 23, 24 from the textbook “Focus
on Grammar I”
STEP 2: Take notes of the most important information
STEP 3: Go to EVA and select the best option to complete the following questions.
Read the following story and select the best option to answer the
questions.
Two sisters and the cat
Mrs. Wilson and Mrs. Smith are sisters. Mrs. Wilson lives in a house in
Duncan and Mrs. Smith lives in a condominium in Victoria. One day
Mrs. Wilson visited her sister. When her sister answered the door, Mrs.
Wilson saw tears in her eyes. “What’s the matter?” she asked. Mrs. Smith said “My
cat Sammy died last night and I have no place to bury him».
She began to cry again. Mrs. Wilson was very sad because she knew
her sister loved the cat very much. Suddenly Mrs. Wilson said “I can
bury your cat in my garden in Duncan and you can come and visit him
sometimes.” Mrs. Smith stopped crying and the two sisters had tea together and a
nice visit.
It was now five o’clock and Mrs. Wilson said it was time for her to go
home. She put on her hat, coat and gloves and Mrs. Smith put the dead
Sammy into a shopping bag. Mrs. Wilson took the shopping bag and

walked to the bus stop. She waited a long time for the bus so she bought a newspaper.
When the bus arrived, she got on the bus, sat down and put the shopping bag on the
floor beside her feet. She then began to read the newspaper. When the bus arrived
at her bus stop, she got off the bus and walked for about two minutes. Suddenly she
remembered she had left the shopping bag on the bus
[Story by Laurie Buchanan]
Select the best option to answer the following questions.
1. Where does Mrs. Smith live?
a. in a condominium in Duncan
b. in a condominium in Victoria
c. in a house in Duncan
2. Why is Mrs. Smith upset?
a. because her sister came to see her cat
b. because her cat died
c. because Mrs. Wilson was sad
3. What did Mrs. Wilson do?
a. take the cat with her on the bus
b. put her gloves in the shopping bag
c. prepare dinner for her sister
4. Who did Sammy the cat live with?
a. Mrs. Wilson
b. Mrs. Smith
c. Mrs. Wilson and Mrs. Smith
5. What time did Mrs. Wilson go home?
a. when the bus arrived
b. at 5 p.m.
c. after she walked for two minutes

6. How did Mrs. Wilson go home?
a. walked for two minutes before she caught the bus
b. read a newspaper on the bus
c. took a bus
7. What did Mrs. Wilson forget?
a. the newspaper
b. her handbag
c. the shopping bag
8. Where did Sammy die?
a. in Mrs. Smith’s house in Duncan
b. in Mrs. Wilson’s garden
c. in Victoria
TASK 4
LEARNING ACTIVITY: Analyze and identify the usage and structures of comparatives
and superlatives in context. (2 points)
TOPIC: Comparative and Superlative
COMPETENCE: To demonstrate domain about the use of comparatives and
superlatives.
METHODOLOGICAL GUIDELINES:
STEP 1: Check carefully the contents of the textbook from unit 9 from the didactic
guide. You have to use the information from units 29 from the textbook “Focus on
Grammar I”
STEP 2: Take notes of the most important information
STEP 3: Go to EVA and select the best option to complete the following questions.

17
Select the composition that is grammatically correct.
A. COMPOSTION 1
In my opinion, a dog is a gooder pet than a cat. I know because we have a dog
and a cat at home. Here are my reasons.
First, a dog is friendly than a cat. My dog is more happy to see me when I come
home. My cat just doesn´t care. Second, a dog is activer. I always take my dog
for a walk. I can´t do that with my cat. She only wants to sleep. Third, a dog is
interesting than a cat. My dog is playfuler than my cat. He knows many tricks.
My cat does not know any tricks at all. She´s boring.
Last, a dog is more protective than a cat. My dog barks it anyone comes to the
house. The cat just runs and hides. I think dogs rule.
B. COMPOSITION 2
In my opinion, a dog is a better pet than a cat. I know because we have a dog
and a cat at home. Here are my reasons.
First, a dog is friendlier than a cat. My dog is happier to see me when I come
home. My cat just doesn´t care. Second, a dog is more active. I always take my
dog for a walk. I can´t do that with my cat. She only wants to sleep. Third, a dog
is more interesting than a cat. My dog is more playful than my cat. He knows
many tricks. My cat does not know any tricks at all. She´s boring.
Last, a dog is more protective than a cat. My dog barks it anyone comes to the
house. The cat just runs and hides. I think dogs rule.
C. COMPOSITION 3
In my opinion, a dog is a better pet than a cat. I know because we have a dog
and a cat at home. Here are my reasons.
First, a dog is friendlyier than a cat. My dog is happier to see me when I come
home. My cat just doesn´t care. Second, a dog is more activer. I always take
my dog for a walk. I can´t do that with my cat. She only wants to sleep. Third, a
dog is more interesting than a cat. My dog is playfuler than my cat. He knows
many tricks. My cat does not know any tricks at all. She´s boring.
Last, a dog is more protective than a cat. My dog barks it anyone comes to the
house. The cat just runs and hides. I think dogs rule.

TASK 5
LEARNING ACTIVITY: analyze and identify the usage and structures of the Future
Tense with be going to (2 points)
TOPIC: Future Tense : Be going to.
COMPETENCE: To demonstrate domain about the use of future with be going to
METHODOLOGICAL GUIDELINES:
STEP 1: Check carefully the contents of the textbook from unit 10 from the didactic
guide. You have to use the information from unit 31 and 31 from the textbook “Focus
on Grammar I”
STEP 2: Take notes of the most important information
STEP 3: Go to EVA and select the best option.
This a story of Karla and her friends. They want to travel to Canada.
Select the option that is grammatically correct.
1. Karla´s friend Mathias and Susie …………………………………… to Canada
with her.
a. is going to travel
b. are going to travel
c. going to travel
2. Karla´s ………………………….. some Canadian phrases before she goes
to Canada.
a. ´re going to learn
b. going to learn
c. is going to learn
3. Mathias ………………………………. his passport.
a. be not going to lose
b. is going to lose
c. isn´t going to lose

4. Karla and Susie ……………………………… a hotel room.
a. ´s going to share
b. are go to share
c. are going to share
5. Karla …………………………………….. a lot of Canadian food.
a. Is going to try
b. Are going to try
c. ´re going to try
6. Karla, Mathias and Susie ……………………………. a lot of luggage.
a. Are going not to take
b. No are going to take
c. Aren´t going to take
7. Karla ………………………………. information from the guidebook to her
friends.
a. Going to read
b. Is going to read
c. ´re going to read
8. ………………………………………… going to take a lot of pictures?
a. Is Karla
b. Karla is
c. Karla are
9. ………………………………………… to make hotel reservation?
a. Who is going
b. Is who going
c. Who are going

10. How long …………………………………………… stay in each city?
a. Is they going to
b. Are going they to
c. Are they going to