QUE MATERIA NECESITA???

sábado, 13 de octubre de 2018

Tarea resuelta de COMMUNICATIVE GRAMMAR 2 Octubre 2018- Febrero 2019

2
Task #1
Learning activity:
Analyze some grammar rules, statements and dialogues; and identify if they are
T(TRUE) or F(FALSE).
Topic: Contents from unit 1 to unit 2.
Competence:
To demonstrate domain about the use of Imperatives, Present and Past of the
verb TO BE, Simple Present, Simple Past, Present Progressive, and Modals.
To use Nouns, Pronouns, Articles, Adjectives, Adverbs of frequency and
manner, Prepositions of time and place, Gerunds and Infinitives, THERE IS /
THERE ARE, the Comparative and the Superlative in an oral and written way.
Methodological guidelines:
1. To work on this activity, check carefully the contents of the textbook from units
1 and 2. Also, use the information from the didactic guide and EVA.
2. Choose T (true) or F (false) for the following statements:
1. ( ) The subject of a sentence can be an Adjective.
2. ( ) The following sentence is correct: The houses are bigs.
3. ( ) The short form of she is = she`s
4. ( ) The short form of are not = aren’t
5. ( ) Is the following dialogue correct?
A: Are you usually early?
B: Yes, you are
6. ( ) Is the following dialogue correct?
A: Is he good in writing?
B: Yes, he is.

7. ( ) The order of a YES/NO question with TO BE is:
Subject + verb (am, is, are) + complement +?
8. ( ) This sentence is incorrect: We have an hour for the exam.
9. ( ) The articles a or an are never used with Proper Nouns.
10. ( ) The plural form of man is mans.
11. ( ) Adjectives come after a Noun, as in this sentence: It is a
room small.
12. ( ) The following sentence is correct: Hilton Hotel is on Patria
Avenue and my friend is in room 309.
13. ( ) The Preposition at is used with: work, home, exact time.
14. ( ) Capital letters are never used for titles.
15. ( ) The correct Subject Pronoun for Susan is she and the correct
Object Pronoun for dogs is them.
Task #2
Learning activity:
Analyze the underlined Nouns and identify the Pronouns, which correspond to each
one of the Nouns in context.
Topic: Nouns and Pronouns
Competence:
To use Nouns, Pronouns, Articles, Adjectives, Adverbs of frequency and manner,
Prepositions of time and place, Gerunds and Infinitives, THERE IS/THERE ARE, the
Comparative and the Superlative in an oral and written way.
Methodological guidelines:
1. To complete this activity please check the contents from unit 2 from your
textbook, didactic guide and EVA.

4
2. Select the Pronoun or Noun that replace the underlined words.
1. My partner and I are on a basketball team. __________________are not
on the soccer team.
a. They
b. We
c. Our
2. My parents have a big house. My _________ is big.
a. their
b. parent`s house
c. house`s parents
3. That is my new car. That`s ______.
a. his
b. hers
c. mine
4. This is Anita`s book. This is_____.
a. his
b. hers
c. mine
5. She is Anne Watson. ______last name is Watson.
a. Hers
b. She
c. Her
6. These are my dogs. ____names are Bingo and Canela.
a. It
b. Their
c. My
7. Paul loves Sarah. Sarah also loves ______.
a. it
b. he
c. him

8. Rita likes classical music. Rita listens to _______ every day.
a. him
b. it
c. them
Task #3
Learning activity:
Analyze, identify and distinguish between Nouns, Adjectives and Prepositions of
place in context.
Topic: Nouns, Adjectives and Prepositions of place
Competence:
To use Nouns, Pronouns, Articles, Adjectives, Adverbs of frequency and manner,
Prepositions of time and place, Gerunds and Infinitives, THERE IS/THERE ARE, the
Comparative and the Superlative in an oral and written way.
Methodological guidelines:
1. Review and complete the exercises of units 2 and 4 from your basic textbook
Focus on Grammar II.
2. Choose the correct words to complete the conversation.
NANCY: I have (1) a photos / photo / photos to show you. This is (2) a photo
/an photo / photos of my daughter. These are (3) my parent / my
parents / a parent, and these are (4) my sisters / my sister / a sister.
This sister is still (5) on / in / near school. This is my brother; (6)
between / on / at my dad and me.
AMY: Where is your daughter now?
NANCY: She’s (7) at / on / in Seoul, South (8) korea / Korea. She works
at a (9)computer company / computers companies / an computer
company there. She’s beautiful and (10) intelligent / an intelligent /
a girl intelligent.
NANCY: Do you have (11) a / an / Ø pictures of your family?

6
AMY: Oh, yes, I have (12) a / an / Ø photos. They’re in an album.
NANCY: Let’s look at them. Oh, this is (13) great picture / a great picture / a
picture great! Where were you?
AMY: I was (14) at / on / in Puerto Rico. I was with my (15) good friends
/ friends good / goods friends, Laura and Gina. That’s Laura, (16)
next / next to / between me. It’s (17) a beautiful /beautiful / beautiful
place there.
NANCY: Look at this picture!
AMY: I was (18) front / in front / in front of a (19) famous building / building
famous / famous buildings. It’s (20) at / in / Ø San Juan. The name
is El Morro. It was (21) old / a old / an old fort.
Task #4
Learning activity:
Read the conversation, analyze and identify the usage and structures of the Simple
Present in context.
Topic: Simple Present
Competence:
To demonstrate domain about the use of Imperatives, Present and Past of the verb
TO BE, Simple Present, Simple Past, Present Progressive, and Modals.
Methodological guidelines:
1. Review unit 3 from your basic textbook Focus on Grammar II, and complete its
exercises.
2. Order the given words in brackets to complete the conversation.
LISA: So, what about you? (1) ___________________ (do/do/you/what)
in your free time?
ALEX: Well, I really like music.

LISA: Yeah? (2) ______________________ (play/you/do) an
instrument?
ALEX: (3) ______________________ (yes/do/I). I play the piano. I also
write music.
LISA: Wow! That’s so interesting. (4) ____________________ (have/
you/do) a favorite kind of music?
LISA: Well, (5) ____________________________ (don’t/I/rock music/
like). Actually, classical music is my favorite.
LISA: Oh, I love classical music, too. (6) __________________________
______ (who/listen to/you/do) most?
ALEX: Well, I have many favorite musicians, but I love Rachmaninoff. (7)
______________________________________________(you/
do/his music/ know)?
LISA: (8) ___________________________________ (I/don’t/no).
ALEX: It’s really wonderful. (9) __________________________
_________ (you/like/do/who)?
LISA: (10) ____________________________________ (Beethoven/
like/I).
ALEX: Oh, there’s a Beethoven concert at the park on Saturday. (11)
________________________(don’t/why/go/we)?
LISA: That sounds good. (12) __________________________________
(what time/start/the concert/does)?
ALEX: At 7 o’clock. (13) _____________________________________
(at 6:45/let’s/meet).
LISA: OK!

Task #5
Learning activity:
Analyze the usage and use THERE IS/THERE ARE, Possessives and Modals of
ability and permission in context.
Topic: THERE IS/THERE ARE; Possessives; Modals of ability and permission
Competence:
To use Nouns, Pronouns, Articles, Adjectives, Adverbs of Frequency and Manner,
Prepositions of time and place, Gerunds and Infinitives, THERE IS/THERE ARE,
Comparative and the Superlative in an oral and written way.
Methodological guidelines:
1. Review units 4 and 5 from your basic textbook Focus on Grammar II, and
complete their exercises.
2. Use the words from the box to complete the conversation.
can can’t may I go there isn’t
can go could my there’s
can I pet couldn’t neighbor’s we can
can we her there are your
WENDY: This is my sister, Olivia. This is Rich.
OLIVIA: Nice to meet you! Please come in.
RICH: Nice to meet you. Thank you. This is a nice place. Have you lived
here long?
OLIVIA: About two years. The neighborhood is perfect for me. (1)
_________________________ stores and restaurants nearby, so
I (2) ____________________________ walk almost everywhere. I
don’t even need a car. (3) ____________________ a park about a
block away, so I go running there every day.

RICH: Oh, and you have a cat! (4) __________________ ____________
her? Is that OK?
OLIVIA: Of course. She’s very friendly. She was my (5)
______________________ cat and I took her when the neighbor
moved.
RICH: I (6) ____________________________ have pets in my apartment.
I wish I could! Oh, (7) _____________________ a patio in the back.
(8) ___________________ out and look at it?
OLIVIA: Of course. I share it with (9) _____________________
neighbors, but they don’t use it very often. It’s nice out. We (10)
__________________________ sit out there if you like.
WENDY: (11) ___________________________ go have lunch first? I’m
really hungry.
RICH: Hey, I (12) _______________________________ and get lunch.
I’ll bring it back and (13) ____________________________ eat
outside.
OLIVIA: Good idea. (14) _________________________ a lot of nice places
around here, but (15) _____________________ a new sandwich
place across the street. Do you want to try it?
RICH: Yes, that sounds great.
Task #6
Learning activity:
Analyze the use of the Simple Present or Present Progressive in context.
Topic: Simple Present and Present Progressive; Non-action Verbs
Competence:
To demonstrate domain about the use of Imperatives, Present and Past of the Verb
TO BE, Simple Present, Simple Past, Present Progressive, and Modals.

Methodological guidelines:
1. Review units 3 and 6 from your basic textbook Focus on Grammar II, and
complete their exercises.
2. Match the words with their corresponding space in the conversation.
a. are coming
b. are finishing
c. are losing
d. are they closing
e. aren’t making
f. coming
g. have
h. is going
i. is growing
j. remember
ADRIANA: Tacos Fiesta (1) _________________________ out of business!
JEYMY: Really? Why (2) _________________________?
ADRIANA: Well, they couldn’t make enough money after Los Tres Burritos
opened. They (3) _________________________ a lot of customers.
Are a lot of people (4) _________________________ in here?
JEYMY: Yeah, business (5) _________________________ a lot right now.
People (6) _________________________ in for both lunch and
dinner nowadays. We (7) _________________________ our first
year and we (8) _______________________ a lot of ideas for ways to
improve the restaurant. But, we (9) _________________________
any big changes right now.
ADRIANA: That’s wonderful! You know, I (10) _________________________
when you told me about this idea. I thought you were a little crazy,
but now it’s a success.Congratulations!